[bksvol-discuss] Re: changing m dashes to --

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 12:33:05 -0400

We used to have to change M dashes to double hyphens, but the latest I have heard is that we now leave them alone and that there should be no space between the M dash and the adjoining words.

On 6/9/2012 12:47 AM, Dornetta Mcconnell wrote:
Hey Guys,
I am trying to wade through my first proof but am getting frustrated
with these m dashes. If the m dashes are part of the author's work do
we still change them to --? And if so, then how? I know that it is
under word options but where? All I see under proofing is :(   :)  :-(
  :-). I assume that these are texting symbols, right? Like smile,
frown, and some of the others. I am really tring to work through this
novel but frustration and discouragement is setting in.
[picture of  Dornetta, a volunteer, pulling out her hair]
**just some humor LOL I maybe better at picture descriptions than proofing.
Netta