[bksvol-discuss] Re: calling on validators to work on Christian books

  • From: Barbara <barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:13:42 -0800 (PST)

After I finish earning my credits for the year, I will take this harder
material to validate. I think that the poorer scans should automatically get
rejected and not be allowed to stay on step one. I work extremely hard on my
scans and I don't see why other people can at least get them into good
condition. Am I asking to much of people? However, I do understand the fact
that some books have poor print quality and are not easy to scan.  Therefore,
all I am asking is that people try a little harder to clean up their books
before they submit them so that their validators don't have to work so hard on
the books. In this way, validators will be able to speed up the process of
getting more books into the Bookshare collection. To do this, I suggest that
people not scan books that have poor print quality unless they have an
excellent scanner. I speak from experience.

  Thanks!

  Barbara

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  Hi,
When I see one of thse, should I reject it? Also, I am working hard on
getting my credits. If I get them up to where I need them, I will take some
harder material.

Thanks.

Jim

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead

"E."
k.net> To
Sent by: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
bksvol-discuss-bo cc
unce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
g Subject
[bksvol-discuss] calling on
validators to work on Christian
12/29/2007 11:54 books
PM

Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@fr
eelists.org

There are a lot of books on step 1 with Christian themes. Some are
fiction and other nonfiction works.

Some submitters are submitting books which lack page breaks.
Bookshare cannot accept these. Other submitters are submitting poor
quality or "raw scans". They seem to think that validators will
either put in page breaks for them or clean up their work.
Perhaps some of you want to take on this class of books.

What is the setting in what software which produces submits without
page breaks?

By the way, I also notice most of these submitters do not have email
addresses with the submits.

E.