[bksvol-discuss] Re: calling on validators to work on Christian books

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 17:40:24 -0800 (PST)

I validated one of the nun's books--I think it was an
old fiction. It was on the download list with the note
that one cannot validate one's own books, so perhaps
she'd tried. It had been on the download list for
quite some time, so apparently she doesn't care what
happens after she submits, since she never questioned
what had happened to it.

I was surprised at the  problems there were, but I
enjoyed reading the book and didn't mind fixing it. I
guess I feel an extra obligation to help a nun.

I don't mind reading Christian fiction, or what I've
been told is not actually Christian fiction but comes
close, like the Jan Karon book I validated.
Unfortunately, I already have 5 books downloaded and
several others I sort of promised to do, but when I'm
ready... How would I know the fiction books have
Christian themes? The nonfiction I'm not really
interested in doing, though I have validated at least
one that I enjoyed reading and a couple of others
that, with my personal beliefs, I kept shaking my head
at--no offense I hope. I certainly understand how they
can bring comfort and solace to those who believe, and
sometimes I wish I did.

G.Cindy

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/