[bksvol-discuss] Re: book courier question

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 21:23:17 -0400

Peter,
The  u sb port works in Windows 98 second edition. I am using it with the
Epson 1660 scanner. I can also use it for my mp3 player.
.
The information I got from Book Port was that it could be used with a
computer using the U S B port.
Is there a way we could find out if Book Port or Book Courier can be used
with Windows 98 second edition without actually buying one?

Jim

At 02:19 PM 5/1/04 -0400, you wrote:

>  It is true that neither device supports Windows 98.  The best you can do
>is to have a separate card reader/writer for the flash card and store MP3
>files on it which those devices can read.  Windows 98 does not have the full
>usb support that is required by newer devices and the international USB
>standard no longer requires Windows 98 Support as it is an operating system
>that is now three generations old and completely dropped by Microsoft.
>    There are people around selling used Road Runners, perhaps you can ask
>around on the variious lists. Thanks.

>Peter M. Scialli, Ph.D.
>Associate, Technical Projects, Bookshare.org
>www.bookshare.org
>
>A Project of The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity
>peter @benetech.org
>www.benetech.org

---