[bksvol-discuss] Re: bksvol-discuss Digest V7 #20

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nan Hawthorne <hawthorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:17:38 -0600

Hi, Nan!

BookShare is an online library for people with print disabilities.  Students of
all ages can receive an annual free membership with certification by a
qualifying individual and student status.

Volunteers earn credits for scanning or proofreading books.  Often volunteers
like myself and my husband, among  many others, will sponsor individuals who
cannot afford membership by donating credits to needy individuals.  We all want
people to have the means to read books.

I hope anyone will correct me if I have mis-spoken on any of these points.

Valerie