[bksvol-discuss] Re: another example of kick back

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:20:58 -0400

I think splitting off kicked back books from regular step 1 would get them dealt with one way or another and avoid just such occurances. I agree it, along with other small moves bookshare staff could have made during the past year to effective give info to volunteers is a sad state for bookshare to be in.

E.
At 10:11 AM 10/23/2006, you wrote:
Elizabeth

If I didn't know better, I would have guessed this to be an April Fools
joke.  If this is the only reason the book was kicked back, it's a shame
Gustavo (or whomever did the kickback) couldn't have taken the 10 seconds
and insert the comma.
This tells me very little respect for whomever devoted perhaps hours of
work.  So, the bottom line, if someone downloaded the book from Step 1,
immediately returned it with the technical correction,
it might be approved regardless of the condition of the text..
Sad!!
And perhaps if no one would notice: the book could go through several
cycles of this wastingvalidator time, Gustavo's time as rejecting several
times takes more effort than inserting a comma, and, most importantly,
depriving the membership of the book.

As we said earlier this morning:  where indeed are the priorities?