[bksvol-discuss] Re: a really tough decision to make...

  • From: "/Estnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 22:36:29 -0500

Dear Valerie and Booksharian friends,

This is purely my opinion, but I understand Books better when tables are described and are in text format. I read in braille and get bogged down in table format and can't follow it. And, if the information in the columns is different line lengths as in some being one line, some two or three etc or some skipped, then the information gets off and doesn't seem to read straight across columns.

When I can, I avoid proofing books with tables. When I get them, I describe the table, time consuming but a technique I know will be easy to follow for braille readers. Your perspective is more visual.

The goal is to present content so visual, auditory and braille readers have optimum access. Pretty tricky for us volunteers of all ilks!

And, thanks to Evan and not giving up, I am receiving all of my e-mail and can send, too, for the first time in months! It's not sorted, but it's all there. I'm behind 1500 messages and there's all sorts of wonderful proofing to catch up on. It's so liberating not to be hobbled by my computer!!

Always with love,

Lissi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>