[bksvol-discuss] a braille punctuation concern

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:08:26 -0700

I am validating a book on the BrailleNote that has an extremely large amount of
punctuation. This is an asci text document that I am reading in grade 2
braille. Whenever there are several periods or a hyphen followed by a quotation
mark, the braille display reads this as the word "was" Since I am a braille
reader and assume that many others on Bookshare are also, I am afraid not to
correct these misreadings, being concerned that otherwise they will appear in
the finished copy. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do?