[bksvol-discuss] Re: Your Suggestions for Books to Add to the Collection

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 21:46:26 -0400

Another area that needs a lot of additions and is asked about by my friends and clients is craft books, particularly those containing patterns. Finding accessible pattern books for crafts like weaving, crochet, knitting, and the like is very hard, and they are a bear to scan too, smile, or I would be doing a lot more of them. Good Gardening books also don't exist on Bookshare.

We have a lot of books that aren't available anywhere else.

When I worked with kids, I always told them to let me know if there were books they wanted to see added. And have passed those wishes on to you all.

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

The artist brings something into the world that didn't exist before, and he does it without destroying something else. -John Updike, writer (1932-2009)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>