[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wishbone classics

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 03:47:35 -0700

Hi. Another good source of Shakespeare in modern language is a series of books by Charles and Mary Lamb. I know that they are definitely available on Project Gutenberg but I am not sure about bookshare. The best source is PG because they will have higher quality, corrected and better proofread versions. Simply go to their site and do an author search, or write me off list and I will supply etext numbers or send them to you. I think they did all of his plays but I might be wrong. I have read them and it is more of a summary rather than the full story, but a fairly detailed summary.

http://www.gutenberg.org/

At 07:09 PM 5/18/2005 -0500, you wrote:
really be great additions to our collection. I was hoping there would
be more of Shakespeare in the series, but from what I've found on the
internet it looks like the rest are a variety of classics.

Tony Baechler Maintainer, goldenaudio.net (TM) online archives http://goldenaudio.net/