[bksvol-discuss] a tip on the short synopsis

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:31:36 -0400

Hey all,

I just wanted to throw this suggestion out to anybody on the list. I've seen the occasional mention of people encountering difficulties because their short synopsis was too long.

What I have been doing is writing my synopsis in MS Word, then accessing the word count feature off of the tools menu. This handy little dialog box shows you the number of words, characters, lines, etc. Obviously the only critical statistic would be the number of characters. Then I select the text and copy it to the clipboard, return to the Bookshare page, and paste the text into the synopsis edit box.

My friends have told me that I have a very meticulous, and on occasion obsessive, personality. I suppose this is one example that might qualify, but I hope it might help someone.

Scott