[bksvol-discuss] Re: Why People Submit Poor Quality Scans

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:39:53 -0400

Elizabeth, I know about the case you're thinking of. She's just one person who I honestly don't understand. On the Bookshare Discuss list, I see people asking for help rather often. I'm going to make it a priority to write a short tutorial for people who use Openbook. I'm also going to spend more time on the other list to try to help some of the people there. Some of them seem very interested in improving their scans, and we can make a difference with them. (smile)

Monica Willyard

On Tuesday 9/26/2006 05:43 PM, you wrote:
We could spend time teaching only if the person submitting poor scans wants to learn. In at least one notorious case this offer has been refused. Go figure.

E.