[bksvol-discuss] Re: Welcome Allison!

  • From: Allison Hilliker <AllisonH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 01:01:08 +0000

Hi everyone,

It feels great to be back on the volunteer list again! I've been a Bookshare
member since 2003 and started volunteering at some point during 2004. I started
working for Bookshare in the Collection Development department about 5 and a
half years ago. It's a great job and I really love it.

A little more about me... I live in Tempe Arizona and do my Bookshare work
remotely from home. I've been blind all of my life from glaucoma. I have a
degree in Women's Studies from Arizona State University. I also have a pet
Chihuahua named Bailey. I love reading and will read just about anything except
for romance novels. My favorite author is Jodi Picoult. Exploring assistive
technology (AT) is one of my hobbies so my friend Darrell and I do a podcast on
www.blindaccessjournal.com. It consists mostly of assistive technology related
topics with a focus on the iPhone and VoiceOver.
Thanks to everyone who has already said hello to me on this list. It makes me
feel very welcome. I'm familiar with some of you on the list, but there are
still many people I'm looking forward to getting to know. I understand from
personal experience how much work goes into volunteering so I really appreciate
each of you. I'm happy to answer questions or help out however I can. Feel free
to write to me at allisonh@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:allisonh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> or on
this list.

Best,

Allison