[bksvol-discuss] Re: Welcome Allison!

  • From: "Robert Tweedy" <roberttweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:21:45 -0500

Hi Allison. As you can see a few of us old timers are still around.

-----Original Message----- From: Nimit Kaur
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 9:18 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Welcome Allison!

HIIII!!!  Allison!!!!!!!  Welcome to Bookshare community!!!!!!!!!!!  I
am a student member and student volunteer of Bookshare!!  Although I
don't get as much time to do as I want to for bookshare volunteer due
to my loads of school work not college, I get less done than I really
want to but im looking forward to my holidays!!!!!  Sorry for off
topic, but all I mean is, WELCOME!!!!!!!!!  I hope you enjoy and have
good time working for bookshare which I am pretty sure you will!!!  I
garentie you that (don't know how to spell sorry) and hope all is
well!!!  WELCOME AGAIN!!!!!!!  You're awesome!!  That's a lot of
studies you did!!!  The people here are really really nice and they
help you when you need them.  Enjoy!  Have a nice day!!!  Now, I have
to go!  Thank you!

On 4/8/13, Allison Hilliker <AllisonH@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everyone,

It feels great to be back on the volunteer list again! I've been a Bookshare
member since 2003 and started volunteering at some point during 2004. I
started working for Bookshare in the Collection Development department about
5 and a half years ago. It's a great job and I really love it.

A little more about me... I live in Tempe Arizona and do my Bookshare work
remotely from home. I've been blind all of my life from glaucoma. I have a
degree in Women's Studies from Arizona State University. I also have a pet
Chihuahua named Bailey. I love reading and will read just about anything
except for romance novels. My favorite author is Jodi Picoult. Exploring
assistive technology (AT) is one of my hobbies so my friend Darrell and I do
a podcast on www.blindaccessjournal.com. It consists mostly of assistive
technology related topics with a focus on the iPhone and VoiceOver.
Thanks to everyone who has already said hello to me on this list. It makes
me feel very welcome. I'm familiar with some of you on the list, but there
are still many people I'm looking forward to getting to know. I understand
from personal experience how much work goes into volunteering so I really
appreciate each of you. I'm happy to answer questions or help out however I
can. Feel free to write to me at
allisonh@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:allisonh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> or on this list.

Best,

Allison