[bksvol-discuss] Re: VOTE! Efficient Way To Treat/Include Footnote References

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 21:44:52 -0400

Why would "end footnote" be even a thing anyone would consider? Most books
with footnotes are technical type books, so I believe that people who are
reading them expect to be interrupted with footnotes.

Of course the Spellman books by Lisa Lutz have them too and they're just
hilarious books but I think people would expect to be interrupted by a
footnote and would understand from the number of the footnote what the
footnote is. Words would seem to be redundant.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: A Case of Bad Taste by Lori Copeland