[bksvol-discuss] Re: Training?

  • From: "Cindy Ray" <cindyray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:49:47 -0500

Nan, I appreciate your concern about wanting to do a good job. This
isn't something that requires training. You learn by doing; people are
helpful. The manual, I think, gives enough guidelines for this. I've
only been doing this since June, so I'm not an "old timer" as it were.
I think you are really trying to put way too much of your profession
into this. Try to just sit back, validate, and enjoy. You are going to
do a good job. If you come up with questions within the work as a
validator, you will get pretty immediate response. You bring a lot of
expertise in running volunteer programs to what you are doing, so if
after you have done some of the volunteer work and you see a problem,
let the staff and/or some of the lead validators know what you think
needs to be changed. I hope this makes a little bit of sense, but it's
possible it does not.

Cindy Lou