[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Series Initiative

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:41:53 -0500

Hi Jake,
This is a neat idea. I wonder though, would it be more helpful to make lists
of books in series that we *don't* have yet? That way if someone is going to
the library they could generate a list of books they could look for.
This would be especially helpful for some of the series with many books,
like Star Trek, Star Wars, and the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys series. In
these cases quite a few, but by no means all, of the books are in the
collection and if a program could figure out what's missing it would be
fantastic.
It's great to have you and Rui and others who put their computer savvy to
use above and beyond the call of Bookshare duty.
thanks,
Kellie