[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Series Initiative

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:06:37 -0500

I think it's a great idea, if you have the time and energy to undertake it.
How do you know what books are in  series, or do you want people to tell
you?-

How about the Bobbsey Twins and Five Little Peppers series? I think there are
some books of those in the collection. And Howard Fast's
Immigrant series (I don't know the title of the series -- I wrote down the
books and their order in the series but I don't have it here with me); the
Bertrice Small series that starts with Skye O'Malley --I don't know what you'd
call that, either; and Ivan Doig's 3-book series -- I think  it's called the
Montana series. And the Lemony Snicket series. And, judging  by posts, there's
a Star Trek series. And Heidi (there were 3 books in that series;);
The Dark Is Rising (we have all of those, both individually and in one volume)
and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe --but I don't know the
title of the series. I think we have all of those books. Supposedly some were
in bad shape but the one I saw wasn't. Frank Baum's Oz books are
a series, of which The Wizard of Oz is one.

How do you define series? Books that follow a theme or different adventures of
the same people? Would he Sherlock Holmes mysteries be
considered a series?

I was looking for a book I'd fixed that was part of a series and found several
others --the book I was looking for and found was part of the Mitford
series, by Jan Karon. And I found an Otherland series and a Rocky Mountain
Memories series.

Good luck.

Cindy