[bksvol-discuss] Sowing the Wind BSO

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 02:19:49 -0400

I rejected a bso copy of Sowing the Wind submitted by a "bookshare volunteer". The bso copy was in poorer shape than the copy currently in the collection which was submitted by Dr. Cross. I clearly stated my reasoning in the comments section. The "bookshare volunteer" immediately re-submitted stating that he or she now put bso in the title, as if that makes a difference.

Folks bso is great but this kind of action shows staff or somebody somewhere needs to explain that bso is needed only in those cases where the book currently in the collection is in poorer shape than the newly submitted bso copy. Makes sense if you think about it logically (grin). I have never ever known Dr. Cross to submit poorly scanned books.

Glad I caught this one and saved everyone's time.

E.