[bksvol-discuss] Re: Should I scan the index?

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:52:43 EDT

To be honest, I am not sure that scanning one page at a time is as tedious
as turning pages one after another and scanning them in one long session. I
did that at first, in two-page mode of course, but then came the clean-up
process. When I came across something that was garbled so much that I couldn't
figure it out I had to go through the process of finding the right page and
if I couldn't find that sighted help which is hard to come by I would have
to scan the whole page again anyway. If there were a number of mistakes on
one page that I could figure out there was all the trouble of correcting
every one of them. I finally decided that if I had just scanned the page and had
it right there without the necessity of finding it again then if there were
too many mistakes on that page, even if they were correctable and
especially if they were so messed up that I couldn't figure out what the right
words
actually should be, I could just rescan on the spot. In fact, I have noticed
that if there are certain kinds of mistakes, like J's or I's appearing at
the beginning or end of lines, they are likely to occur throughout the page,
so when I come across even one I just rescan the page. All in all I think I
am saving myself a lot of trouble by scanning one page at a time and
checking it before I move on. I may be rescanning a lot of pages that I would
not
otherwise, but that can be less trouble, If I have the book right there and
open to the right page, than going through it and making the corrections.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in
various ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Should I scan the index?
Date:
4/29/2009 5:12:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Roger, your method of doing one page at a time is tedious but I think
commendable. It's a good way to ensure good quality. Congrats on tackling the
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Nina Won't Tell by Katherine Applegate
www.michrxtech.com/books.html

Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!