[bksvol-discuss] She wrote back!

  • From: "Allison Mervis" <allisonfm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:48:48 -0400

Wow! Here is her reply! Regardless of what she thinks of the legality of
things, she is still willing to help us! Here's her exact reply.

Alison:

I don't believe its legal for a reader to "contribute" my work even to a
non-profit. They may have bought the book, but the contents are mine under
copywrite.  However I'm delighted by doing so it has enabled you, and others
with sight difficulties to read my books.  I am going to pass your e-mails
along to my editors at Ballantine, Kensington, NAL and Harlequin, and ask
them to please contribute the electronic versions if they can do so.

I'm so glad that you are enjoying my work, and I hope you will continue to
read it, and be entertained.  If you are able to visit my website at:
www.BertriceSmall.com,
I hope you will.
God bless, and good future reading from your most faithful author,  Bertrice
Small
I've saved it on my computer. I'm feeling rather star struck at the moment.
Allison