[bksvol-discuss] Scanno of the week

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 20:45:43 -0500

I'm proofreading a young adult book about a high school football team, and one of the plays the team learns and uses is the "flea flicker." Unfortunately, the scanner's OCR software decided that the "f-l-i" in flicker was really an "f-u" so I now have a book that is, um, full of adult content. grin. There are some other OCRing scannos in it that are equally hilarious transformations of innocent words into the obscene, making this the first x-rated teen book I've proofread! smile.

Judy s.