[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning/editing nightmares

  • From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 00:09:21 -0500

I did replace all the section breaks with page breaks, but there were
unknown section breaks, so there was a lot of deleting afterward, still.
Then there were the hard page breaks in the wrong places, so the right place
had to be found (often mid-paragraph), insert a blank line, add a page
break, add another blank line and a few lines down, remove the wrong one.
It shouldn't be that hard when you tell it to retain page breaks.

I might try a smaller book in OmniPage or even switch to my Mac.  I FAR
prefer Word 2008 for ease and menus over ribbons.  I do not have FineReader
for Mac, only IRIS, I think.  Not sure what my Epson Perfection 1670 came
with if it had a Mac option I can upgrade or not.

Is Cindy about the only other Mac scanner?  Wonder what people like best on
the Mac.

Thanks for your help, Jackie!

 Valerie