[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning/editing nightmares

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 21:51:42 -0700

Valerie:

Section breaks can easily enough be converted to page breaks. The
sequence is ^b to be replaced by ^m in word.

There should also be a formatting option that reads something like
keep original document layout. Try unchecking this & see if it doesn't
go better.

I've not used fine reader & my last version of Omnipage was
14--they've changed it quite a bit, since then, I've heard. If you're
still havin trouble I can conceivably download a demo of FR & see what
I can find. It's not a program used widely on this list due to its
relative lack of access. There is also likely an option to recognize
only text. U might wanna choose this. In Omnipage this is under zones.