[bksvol-discuss] Scanning Questions

  • From: Rolph Recto <rolph.recto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 23:59:06 -0400

Hi, I'm a new volunteer here. I'm trying to scan my first book, and I'm just
making sure that I'm not breaking any rules. So, without ado, here's my
questions:

   1. According to what I've been told, I don't have to finish a training
   book and wait for feedback before I could scan books - is this correct?
   2. I'm scanning *Ward No. 6 and Other Stories* by Anton Chekhov, but I
   saw that the publisher, Barnes & Noble, is selling an electronic version of
   the book as a Nook file (the Nook is B&N's Kindle, I think). Am I correct in
   thinking that I can still scan my physical copy of the book despite there is
   an electronic version of the book?
   3. Any general tips/suggestions for a newbie?

Thanks!
Rolph Recto