[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanner questions?

  • From: "J.M." <inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:09:05 -0700

Hi, Shannon. It's my personal opinion that, for what we need it for, it's
probably better to stay away from the all-in-ones, but a regular scanner will
also scan photos and the like, so that shouldn't be a problem. I have an Epson
1650 that I've had for several years now, and it does fine. If you have
something like Kurzweil...well, I'll leave OpenBook alone, because I don't know
anything about it, but the Epsons seem to be the best with Kurzweil, but I
don't know anything about the commercially available OCR packages. Take care.
Julie Morales
Email and Windows/MSN Messenger:
inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
When God puts a tear in your eye, it is because He wants to put a rainbow in
your heart.