[bksvol-discuss] Sacred Prey

  • From: Cindy R <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 16:38:30 -0700 (PDT)

Lady Kai,

I assume you downloaded the book from the collection,
rather than that you're validating it, in which case,
I'm afraid I can't help you. I see, though, that the
book is rated Excellent, very few errors, presumably
by the validator. Is it possible that those pages are
blank or contain illustrations, or can you tell from
the context that text is missing?

Which prompts me to ask a question I've been curious
about: if a member downloads a book that is difficult
or impossible to read because of missing pages or too
many errors, are they still charged for it, i.e., does
it still count as one of their 50? What if they return
it (are books returnable? How would one do that?) with
a suggestion that it be rejected?

And also I've been wondering, if a book is rejected by
the validator, does the submitter still get credit for
submitting it? Does the validator get credit for
validating it and assessing it?

These are probably none of my business, but I am
curious, though not yellow (grin 00 if any of you are
old enough to know the reference).

http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/