[bksvol-discuss] Re: Running out of books to read?

  • From: tina birenbaum <tinabir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 09:47:16 -0500

I too remember those
days and I still use nls, but much anymore but i recently got 2 books recenarly
and one looks like it'll be great do audio actually so I'm hanging on to them
for whenever I finish the braille ones from bookshare
they are good still for some things but I do think they should redo some older
ones for better quality

>>> 1.  Deadly Climate by Richard Barth, mystery, large
>>> print hard back 308
>>> pages, should be easy to scan.  Barth writes kind of
>>> easy reading, light,
>>> mysteries.  This one Margaret and 3 of her senior
>>> citizen friends take a van
>>> she's won to Florida to sell because she can't
>>> afford the sales tax.  They
>>> discover many seniors live in dreary conditions.
>>> They attempt to start a
>>> luxury excursion business but encounter deadly
>>> doings at a nursing home.

>>> 2.  2.  Friends for Life by Carol Smith, I think this
>>> is a mystery or suspense
>>> novel set in England.  It's hard cover, large print
>>> and 708 pages long.  In
>>> the little intro blurb a woman making preserves is
>>> struck twice by a brick
>>> and then her caldron of boiling fruit is poured over
>>> her.

>>> 3.  Verdict Unsafe by Jill McGown - hard cover large
>>> print british mystery-
>>> 465 pages - Detective Inspector Judy Hill watches a
>>> wealthy man on trial for
>>> 4 rapes ...

>>> 4.The Flight of the Falcon by Daphne Du Maurier  -
>>> hardbound large print,
>>> 553 pages,  novel A tour guide taking an anglo
>>> American group from Genoa to
>>> Rome notices a vagrant asleep in a church doorway
>>> and the suspense begins.
>>> There is a different book with this title in the
>>> collection by a different
>>> author.

>>> 5.  Eight Keys to Eden by Mark Clifton, hardback
>>> regular print, 187 pages,
>>> science fiction - a colony of scientists isn't
>>> answering anxious attempts to
>>> contact them.  copyright This may not be a good
>>> choice because I can't find a
>>> copyright.  The book is a Doubleday Science fiction
>>> publication.

>>> I'll save the information about any of these books
>>> which don't find scanners
>>> and put them on the list again in 6 months, when we
>>> might have new
>>> volunteers who might be interested.

>>> Always With Love,

>>> Lissi