[bksvol-discuss] Re: Running out of books to read?

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 08:43:08 -0800

I am seeing quite a few books from NLS being redone, especially classics.
----- Original Message ----- From: "tina birenbaum" <tinabir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:29:05 -0500
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Running out of books to read?

Hi, Lissi. Never! Not with Bookshare! <smile> I, too, love it. I was talking
to my husband about this exact thing, actually, yesterday, I think it was.
Every time I open a Bookshare file, I momentarily think about the days when
it was just NLS for me, and those days weren't that long ago, at least in my
case...only almost two years since I've been with Bookshare, and I haven't
looked back since! <smile> Growing up, in middle school, I had a college
reading level, and the books NLS sent me would drive me to distraction! I
don't mind a children's book every once in a while. It's nice, light reading
and I like that kind of thing sometimes, but I needed something more
challenging than that but didn't get it. Now, I have more than I'll ever
read, I know, but I love every minute of it. I love knowing whenever I'm in
the mood to read, I don't have to rely any more on a librarian in another
part of the state who has no idea of my reading abilities, likes and
dislikes. Take care.
Julie Morales
Children are fragile. Handle with prayer. --Unknown