[bksvol-discuss] Re: Read-only File

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:52:16 -0600

Hi, Lori.

Been there, done that. <smiles> The first time I got that message I was a little freaked out because I thought the file was illegal or corrupted or something.

I think all of the RTF files are considered read only when they're opened for the first time.

All you need to do to fix the problem is to save the file in another place once you've unzipped the file in MS word and have verified that the file is complete, you can use the save as option under the file menu. You can shift+tab to find a list of drives and folders on your PC in which to save the file. I have mine in the main My documents folder, which is in a sub folder called Books to Validate. This way I always know what I'm working on and can find the document easier.

Hope this helps.

Lisa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>