[bksvol-discuss] Read-only File

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:39:48 -0800

Hello, I downloaded Lessi's Book "Celebrate". I did so because I am wanting to
validate in word rather than in Openbook, and I thought this short file would
be a way to get started. however, this is a read-only file and I don't find any
option to change from read-only to allow me to edit and save the changed file.

If someone could tell me how to change a .rft file from read-only to edit, I
would appreciate it.

Otherwise, I'll just release the book in the morning.

I have been validating books in openbook, but frankly after having to reject
three books in that format I would like to validate .rft files.  I understand
that I should be able to edit .rft files with Openbook, but attempting that
hasn't worked so well for me either.  Maybe I should stick to simply submitting
books.

Cat Lover Lori