[bksvol-discuss] Re: Reading XML Books

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:28:20 -0600

Hi Christina,

Good solution! smile. If you want to read the books as xml files (I do this all the time), you also need to extract the following two files from the zip and have them in the same folder as the xml file: html.css and and daisytransform.xsl

Also, if you extract all your xml books into one folder, you only need to extract the html.css and daisytransform.xsl files from one book and then keep those two files in that folder. They are generic and will work for every book.

Happy reading!

Judy s.

Christina wrote:
Hi.
Your idea didn't work exactly but it did get me thinking.

Before opening the file, I changed the extension to html and it reads just fine.
Thanks for the nudge.  *Smile*
Christina

----- Original Message ----- From: "Melissa Smith" <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>