[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ray Kurzweil at Western Mich.

  • From: "Kasondra Payne" <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 22:05:02 -0700

Shelly,

I have met Mr. Kurzweil before, so I know how you feel.  Actually, I had a
similar experience when I met Dr. Abraham Nemeth in 1993.  This is the man
who created the Braille math code that so many of us fret over.  I was
attending a teachers' conference in California when I was a senior in high
school.  I had been asked to be on a panel talking about tactile
illustration.  I took the time off from school and attended all the
sessions.  One of the featured speakers was Dr. Nemeth.  I had always
thought the Nemeth code was created in the nineteenth century.  I was
introduced to him, and I stood there and let my mouth drop into my shoes.  I
just didn't know what to say.  I this k I eventually said that I hadn't
known that he was alive.  I saw Dr. Nemeth three months later at the NFB
convention.  He remembered meeting me in Sacramento, and I felt slightly
embarrassed.  Still, it was a very cool experience.

Have fun with Mr. Kurzweil!

Kasondra Payne