[bksvol-discuss] Quoting Etiquette (was Subject Line Etiquette)

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 20:01:48 -0600

Hi Ann and all, I agree that changing the subject line is important. However, it is equally important to please include enough of the message that you are responding to so other list members can figure out what you are commenting on. Definitely not intending any lecture here, but most of your posts just don't make sense because there is no context to help the reader understand what you are replying to.

Judy s.

Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Hmmm, lecture, well, maybe, but it is truly aggravating when a message which is supposedly about an aspect of proofreading; I can't remember what the original text was now, just says Happy Thanksgiving. The subject had no relation to what was in the message at all. It doesn't really matter what the original subject was, it was something totally unrelated to Thanksgiving wishes. A lot of people probably deleted it because they weren't interested in the subject line. All I am asking, politely, is for people to please check their subject lines to see if they match what you're talking about. I don't mean to lecture. I'm just asking politely. Thanks.

Ann P.