[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on validating editing?

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:57:49 -0600

I've seen this in a book or two as well.  Like Cindy, I place the number on
a line by itself with a blank line before and after it since this is how it
appears in the printed book.  There's normally no need to put the word
chapter before it like Cindy suggested since it isn't a chapter, but a
section heading and normally doesn't appear at the top of the page.  In the
event that it does appear at the top of the page, and the page doesn't
contain a header, then you will need to protect it to keep the Stripper from
thinking it is the page number.  My suggestion would be to add a header to
give the Stripper something to strip, but I wouldn't use the word chapter
since if for some reason the Stripper doesn't strip the word, it would be
more confusing than using the title of the book for the header.

HTH

Gerald