[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question for John Boyer

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:36:24 -0500

As I have already said, I'm not on the Bookshare staff, just a software
developer with experience running a braille transcription operation with
sighted employees. Bookshare will have to provide guidance for those of
you using Braille PDAs.

John

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 08:13:14AM -0400, E. wrote:
> I ask again, are you from staff. Are these things you speak of (style
> sheets etc.) officially coming from bookshare?
>
> John these issues have been circulating on the list a long time. By
> issues I mean the whole thing of protecting elements such as titles
> of stories and chapters. If what you say does not come from bookshare
> officially, please let us know.
>
> Otherwise, I am concerned that even more confusion may arise.
>
> I personally know what people mean when they say notetaker or PDA. If
> folks want to get specific (braillenote, braillenote empower, pacmate
> etc.) they can.
>
> All I ask for is some understandable official guidelines to, well,
> guide us. (grin)
>
> Elizabeth
> E.

John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
JJB Software, Inc.
http://www.jjb-software.com
Madison, WI USA