[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about wrong title

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:50:05 -0400

In that case I would just go ahead and change it.
On 7/31/2012 2:36 PM, Dornetta wrote:
Hello Deborah,
I know the title is spelled wrong because this was a selection in my book club as well as my daughter has a copy of the book. When I did a search of the book via google and the net, the title was just as I suspected...spelled wrong. As I said in the email earlier, when listening to the book, the narrator was pronouncing the word kind of "funny" which made me want to go and look it up. I figured, at first, that it was a accent of his but like I said once I looked up the word, I saw differently. Also the book is street fiction and since I read as well as have written some short street fiction, it is all in the pronoucation of words. You know, like the dilect and stress put on certain syllables so the word murder where the accent is put on the -der; the street word is murda, shortening the last syllable. Which brings me to the title, The Cartel 2: Tale of the Murda Mamas, which is the correct title of the book. This book is book 2 in a series (says trilogy but at the end of the last book...there HAS to be more to come). I am also familiar with this husband and wife writing duo; so again, the title is spelled wrong. I will upload it with a note about the complete title since it is part of a series. I hope the other titles will be added as well and I am willing to proof them. Bookshare has some of Cash Money Content books and i am not sure if it will come as PQ or as volunteer addition to the collection. But either way, I am happy!
Netta