[bksvol-discuss] Re: Problem with soft page breaks

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:04:07 -0400

You know what Lori? Now that I read it here, I think I remember doing this, too. Thank you for posting it here. Hopefully I'll remember for next time!

Marty

-----Original Message----- From: Lori Castner
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:40 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Problem with soft page breaks

Marty, Valerie, Sue, and Mayrie, and all those who may have this problem
with Word 2010 one day:
I don't know if this will be a universal fix, but I found that I could solve
the problem by deleting everything after the last text character on the page
through the first text character on the next page and then inserting the
appropriate number of returns along with the page break character. This
action would remove whatever was causing the false soft page break.
The soft page break seemed to occur right after the last character on the
page. I did not see any weird character with "show all" turned on, but there
must be something.
I am not guaranteeing this will work in all situations, but it helped me
today--big pain though.

Lori who gets all sorts of spellings for her name--it is really Loralee
which I avoid like the plague!