[bksvol-discuss] Re: Poetry Formatting Was RE: Re: If You See Duplicates

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:19:32 -0700 (PDT)

Losing line endings is not a problem if the proofer (or scanner before
submitting) hits return at the end of a line. What was, and perhaps still is a
problem, is that there is no way to format a poem the way the author intends if
the verse is not line, line, line, line.... I put two stars between verses to
indicate that thre is a new verse. But some poets give shapes to their
poems--or  the second line of a verse (and perhaps third and/or fourth) are
intended to be indented.  When I did the Kipling book all those spaces were
deleted. When I first started profing I did some Indian poetryAsian Indian) not
realizing all spacing wuld disappear. I learned a lot about Word from the
experience, but anyone  reading those books now would have no idea what the
poems should read like.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

 _filtered #yiv155689177 {margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
#yiv155689177 P.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE:12pt;MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman", "serif";}
#yiv155689177 LI.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE:12pt;MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman", "serif";}
#yiv155689177 DIV.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE:12pt;MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman", "serif";}
#yiv155689177 A:link {
COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv155689177 SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv155689177 A:visited {
COLOR:purple;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv155689177 SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
COLOR:purple;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv155689177 SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
COLOR:#1f497d;FONT-FAMILY:"Calibri", "sans-serif";}
#yiv155689177 .MsoChpDefault {
FONT-SIZE:10pt;}
#yiv155689177 DIV.Section1 {
}

Lori,
what was the book of poetry you mentioned? I would like to
download and read it.
And thank you very much for putting all that effort in it. I
do really enjoy reading poetry when they are more easily read.

Thanks.
Rik

    From: Bob

      From: Jamie Yates,