[bksvol-discuss] Re: Plustek OpticBook 3800 Book Scanner

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 19:17:27 -0600

Hi Peggy.  I just upgraded from a 3600 to a 3800 and it works pretty well but
with some issues I’m trying to resolve.  What OCR program are you using.  K1000
acts a little strangely with the 3800 but if you draw focus back to k1000
during the scan, you should be all right.  I’ve been very pleased with the
results so far.  Before you scan a book, you need to check the collection to
make sure it isn’t already there.  You should also probably check the books
being processed to make sure someone hasn’t scanned it before you.