[bksvol-discuss] Re: Planning to Scan.....

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:02:30 -0800 (PST)

I checked the download list after reading your first
post (not knowing you did) and Melissa's list and The
Promise is not on it. Hopefully if someone here
scanned or is working on it they'll let you know, so
the only problem would come if someone who isn't on
one of these lists and therefore doesn't post to Rui's
lists either is doing it.

I read it a couple of years ago after reading The
Chosen, and I enjoyed it. I also read My Name is Asher
Lev (in the collection) and Davita's Harp (not in the
collection, which I enjoyed. If you like the Promise
and want to scan Davita I'd be happy to validate it if
no one else wants to. She's the Davita that shows up
in Old Men, a book of short stories that is in the
collection., but she's a girl growing up in the early
years of the century; her father gets involved in the
Spanish Civil War.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com