[bksvol-discuss] Re: Penultimate Peril, by Lemony Snicket

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:36:26 -0700 (PDT)

Thehadbound has 368 pages according to amazon.com and
353 according to my library online catalog. I don't
understand the difference; I guess they must be
different e ditions--library vs commercial or
something. Whether or not they're numbered, I don't
know. I offered to get the book and help Tracy if she
wants.

Amazon.com also has a 10-second interview with the
author. I didn't think he's ever reveal his true
identity, but here is the interview. I guess the
"penultimate" in the title is meant seriousle.
smile\\\

"Q: Your Wikipedia (online encyclopedia) entry defines
you as author, screenwriter, and accordionist. Is that
how you would describe yourself?
A: I find that nothing makes people back away faster
at a social gathering than "accordionist." Except
perhaps "screenwriter." And, even "author" always
makes people nervous, so I usually say "writer."

Q: How long have you been writing?
A: All my life really, since I was able to write all I
wanted to do was write. I think largely I ended up
becoming a writer because I could think of nothing
else that I was good at--at all. As a kid, I always
wanted to be a writer, and I had no backup plan
whatsoever as an adult.

Q: Are the Baudelaire children ever going to be happy?
A: Well, they are happy on a regular basis, just not
for very long. Um, are they ever going to be happy
permanently? I don't know any permanently happy
people, thank goodness.

Q: Okay, then is the series going to end on a happy
note?
A: Well, I always remind readers of the Snicket books
that happy is a comparative term, so the end will be
happier than some people would think, but less happy
than others.

Q: When can fans expect the final book?
A: I believe the thirteenth volume will be released in
the fall of 2006, although something terrible could
happen to the author at any moment and then the books
would not be released at all."

Cindy

--- "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>