[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning trade paperbacks

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:22:19 -0700

Hi Evan,

Yeah, the consensus seems to be that buying the trade editions new is the wiser purchase. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Curious though about one thing you said. When you say that the trades are of a higher quality, does that translate to when you scan the book, or are you strictly talking about the quality of the paper? Because, for the most part, the mass market books I've scanned have come out near perfect without any effort on my part to tweak scanning settings.

Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>