[bksvol-discuss] Re: Pearson + Imprints

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 23:49:44 -0400

There have been some additions to the publishers that have signed on with Bookshare since December, but I suppose it is better than nothing. As for the "safe" publishers, after thinking about it I tend to think that is not of much use. There are a huge number of publishers out there that none of us have ever heard of and that includes publishers that no longer exist. There is probably no way to compile all of them. There might be some reference book out there with them. That sounds like a book that some obscure publisher might have published at one time or another, but if there is it would likely be out of date too. It would be a huge job to compile such a list. It makes a lot more sense to just have a list of publishers, including all imprints. Then if a publisher is not on the list it can be assumed that it is a "safe" publisher.

On 7/28/2012 10:14 PM, Cindy wrote:
I have an rtf list of publishers and their imprints  I downloaded that was
current as of Dec. 6,2011,  also I have a Safe-to-scan list in Word from April
10 2012 (whether I downloaded it  or created it myself I don't remember, but
probably the former.

I can post or send to individuals either list, or both.
Cind6