[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page needed for children's book

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 23:25:15 -0600

Yay, Jamie! That's exactly the page I needed. Thank you so much! smile.

Judy s.

Jamie Yates wrote:
Judy, is this the page you need?
The witch gave a shrug of disgust and headed toward the river. Suddenly, she came across /el coquí,/ the tiny frog who lives only in Puerto Rico. /El coquí/ was singing sweetly, crouched upon a leaf. This time she said:

/¡Coquí! ¡Coquí!/

To grind we say /molí!/

Who told Paco my name?

/El coquí /stopped singing long enough to say:

I know, /yo sé,/

A baby is a /bebé,/

But singing your name

Is not my game!
The page before that page has a picture of an old woman's face looking down at a little frog on a big green leaf. The page after that starts with: The anger growing inside her burst forth in a frightful scream, If that's not the right page, just let me know and I'll get the right one.
--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Witnesses of War by Nicholas Stargardt