[bksvol-discuss] Page Breaks in txt files

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 19:11:56 -0500

Unfortunately, txt files, I've found, don't retain hard page breaks. What I do
is leave a line space
before and after the page number and indicate in the long synopsis, for the
reader, that the page
number is at the top or bottom of the page, as the case may be.( Maybe I leave
a double space
between the page number and the new page -- I can't remember -- or maybe I
don't but I
should.)

From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Breaks
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:36:17 -0600

> Will bookshare soon not accept txt files?  I ask this because many programs
> don't deal with
pagebreaks in text files properly even though txt files are usually capable of
holding page
breaks.
> I also wonder if a validator can introduce artificial page breaks that did
> not exist in the original
just to make files that are in perfect condition other than missing page breaks
acceptable, or
must the pagebreaks be where they would be if the original submitter had kept
the pagebreaks
cause by actual print page size?