[bksvol-discuss] Re: Opticbook 3600 set-up question

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 07:28:53 -0400

Hi all.  Thanks for the information both on and off list.

The question about whether the scanner was unlocked is not a stupid one at
all.  I knew that it had to be unlocked, but it wasn't clear to me which
position accomplished this.  Larry gave me instructions about pushing in the
button and pulling the slide button forward to hold it in place to unlock
it.  My next question is should this have been done before the installation
of the drivers?  I'm pretty sure I did not have it in this position before
doing the installation.  While the installation completed as prescribed, and
the scanner operates, albeit without the proper light,  when I give the scan
command, I'm still getting blank pages.  Does anyone think it would be worth
the effort to uninstall everything and try again, this time being sure to
have the scanner unlocked as described above?

Thanks.  I'm just trying to be sure that I've done all that I can before
shipping it back for a replacement or a refund.

Donna