[bksvol-discuss] Re: Openbook upgrade pricing

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:20:11 -0500

Hi, Julia. Actually, Openbook does support color scanning. They just make you keep the exact view going if you're going to scan in color. As for the split view, if you have some sight, that will be helpful. Otherwise, the exact view is an image and so won't speak. For people who have some site, I think the view toggle will be handy too.

Monica Willyard

Julia Kulak wrote:
Hmmm, I thought the split view could be useful, kind of. I mean if you have formatting in poetry couldn't you just fix it so the two are identical? I still think its too bad that you can't just save exact view though, and that they don't support color scanning. Sometimes I use another product that does called text cloner. It usually gives pretty bad scans, but they're good enough that I can figure out what the text that is eledgeble in openbook and kurzweil is supposed to be.
Julia