[bksvol-discuss] Openbook upgrade pricing

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 19:25:58 -0800

As taken from the Freedom Scientific website:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_products/software_OB80ComingSoon.asp

here is the current pricing info for the OpenBook update.

OpenBook customers can take advantage of attractive discounted upgrade pricing if they upgrade to OpenBook 8.0 before December 31, 2007. From now until the end of the year, OpenBook customers will be able to do so for only $100. Anyone purchasing or upgrading to OpenBook 7.02 between September 1, 2007,
and the December release will be sent OpenBook 8.0 as a free upgrade.

As has already been mentioned here, expect the upgrade price to increase to at least $150, perhaps more, after the New Year. And as with any program upgrade, I highly recommend people proceed with caution. Try to gauge whether there is truly a worthwhile reason for moving to the current version of the application. For example, I don't see, in the list of new OpenBook features, any mention of a ranked spelling type utility, which has long been a key feature offered by Kurzweil. If in fact there is no such tool as part of the new OpenBook, then should you dip into your bank account? Tough call, if you ask me.

Scott