[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT:googling--and a Let's Pretend personal story

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:53:00 -0500 (EST)

Sue

I had similarily poor results searching for biographical info on Patricia
Ryan on Google.
Part of the problem, incidentally, is that Richard Nixon's wife's maiden
name was, used guessed it, Patricia Ryan.
Part of the lafck of online info is that she died young and the show with
her ran from 1934-49.
Let's see if someone can find and scan the book Cindy mentioned as it
would make a nice addition to Bookshare's oldtime radio collection which
Tony B is working hard on right now.

oh, construccting Google search strings is an art, not a science; and the
more you try it, the better you get.
Among those I tried for Patricia Ryan were

"patricia Ryan" + "old time radio"

"patricia Ryan" + "let's Pretend"

"Patricia Ryan" + "radio" + "pretend."

Oh, I did a couple of Encyclopedia searches, using K1000, and didn't come
up with anything related to the Patricia Ryan we're talking about.